9 Things Spongebob Squarepants Would Tweet
Spongebob Squarepants is almost 11 years old, and has touched the hearts of millions of children and families across the nation. I, too, used to be in love with Spongebob. I had shoestrings, house shoes, memorized lines and favorite episodes. I think my little sister may have loved him a little more than I did though. I’m surprised that he’s still relevant today with today’s youth. I personally prefer the episodes I grew up on, but they are still making some pretty hilarious shows.
Cartoons usually don’t grow up, with the exception of Doug Funnie, the Rugrats (disaster!) and Dora the Explorer. I don’t believe this chipper sea sponge has aged a bit with the exception of some scenes. Sometimes, it’s just interesting to see how cartoon characters would fair as they get older. Just for fun, I imagined 9 things I think Spongebob would tweet if he was on Twitter.
- My shift at the Krusty Krab starts at 9am. I’m here at 6am. I’M READY!
- On my way to Sandy’s for some ka-ra-te. She’ll never know what hit her. (Little does he know, Sandy is following him).
- Krabby Patties on sale for $1! Get them before Mr. Krabs returns from vacation. (Pearl reads the tweet out loud, Mr. Krabs high tails it to the Krusty Krab).
- #followfriday @squidward!
- *this tweet has been removed* <– Krabby Pattie secret recipe removed after Mr. Krabs reminded Spongebob that Plankton is following him
- #shoutout to my best friend forever, @patrickstar
- Meow <– Gary hacks into Spongebob’s Twitter account
- Just got back from my workout with Larry…ow…
- Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy marathon before drivers training with @MrsPuff
The kid in me needed to do this. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.